Funded through a federal grant, TEC-P had a unique challenge: build a brand new website that was easy to use, explained the program fully, and differentiated itself well from any other government site. Q Digital Studio made that happen.
“From the very beginning, Susan and her team knew how to lay out the steps we needed to take to build our site. She made all communication easy and was able to train our staff through every step of the process.”- Liz Ojeda, TEC-P Project Administrator
TEC-P is a regional program designed to connect Colorado's hidden tech talent market with information technology and advanced manufacturing careers. With more than 3500 high-tech jobs available in metro Denver for IT and advanced manufacturing positions, TEC-P is poised to help more than 600 job seekers in 2016 alone find employment through an industry and employer-driven approach to education and training.
Funded through a federal grant, TEC-P had a unique challenge: build a brand new website that was easy to use, explained the program fully, and differentiated itself well from any other government site.
Q Digital Studio made that happen.
When TEC-P was awarded a portion of a federal grant of $6.17 million dollars to boost employment in middle-skilled to high-skilled jobs, they knew it was essential they build a dynamic website that was easy for both TEC-P employers and job seekers to use. As they began the search for a web development partner, they had the following goals in mind:
- Build a website that effectively communicated the mission of the grant, but did not appear to be a function of any other local, state or federal government
- Build a website that was easy for a small internal team to manage, maintain and update
- Include an easy to navigate site design that was mobile-responsive so that users could access the information they needed from anywhere.
Q Digital Studio became a part of the TEC-P team after an extensive search, and from the beginning it was apparent TEC-P had made the right choice.
As an extension of TEC-P’s internal web team, Q Digital Studio:
- Built a clean, simple and easy to use website
- Worked within new brand guidelines to build a website that does not look like a “typical government website”
- Found a way to quickly engage new visitors and filter visitors to see if they’re a match for the TEC-P program
- Engaged all the participating counties in Colorado in site creation and ongoing existence
“Working with Q Digital Studio has allowed us to achieve and even exceed our goals for enrollment in the program, and that to me is the most important metric for success.”- Todd Nielsen, Program Administrator